Re: Pattern matching

There is a recent article in Stocks & Comms. on using any spreadsheet to
search for price patterns, the cup & handle formation is used as an
example. This uses correlation and could be set up with OLE from sheet to
MS to give trading signals.  Have yet to try it.  This method could also be
used to define indicator patterns; find the "ideal" one and trade on a
higher R2 for the same pattern for any security. Could also possibly use
correlation to some extent in MS.  The article is in the Jan. 1998 issue,
page 62.

RXR