FW: Chip's Tips - Colored Volume Bars

-----Original Message-----
From:	Erika Toth Fluke [SMTP:Erika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Tuesday, February 03, 1998 4:25 PM
To:	'chipa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject:	RE: Chip's Tips - Colored Volume Bars

Hi Chip,

Thanks for starting this weekly Chips' Tips thread.  Just a short note
regarding the Colored Volume Bars.
I use similar technique with the addition of the days when the price has
not moved. So I add several steps before adding the up-day-colored-volume
histogram or the down-day-colored-volume histogram.

1. Create the two indicators as described for up volume and down volume
2. Create a window with the volume in it in histogram form   - color light
blue
3. Add the up-day-colored-volume histogram		  - color black
4. Add the down-day-colored-volume histogram		  - color red
5. Save in a template as described.

So the day when the price is not changing the original volume quote will
shine through (in blue).

I found this useful when I wanted to use another indicator over the volume
as whole.

The colors are optional.

Good trading!