Formula question

(Sorry if this is a duplicate...)

In MS 6.5 I thought there was a way to do it but I just can't seem to
figure it out...

I want to track a stock to see how it's performing against the S&P 500. I
don't get index data from my provider so I chose the Vanguard Index 500
fund (VFINX, whose aim it is to track the S&P 500) to track against. So I
have the stock and VFINX in a chart (separate sub-windows) and I have
indicators tied to VFINX and to the stock. This works great. But now I'd
like to do an Explore based on the indicators that use both VFINX and the
stock and it tells me that it can't do it because the indicator (VFINX) is
not present.

Is there a way to create an indicator that is based on a stock other than
the one you're exploring?

- Mark Malson
  mmalson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx