Re: Telescan Data

Bill:
Telescan downloads are very slow the day after a holiday.  Last night was
the worst ever. I tried several times to download; 8 pm, 9:30pm, 11:30 pm,
2:30am,and I was finally able to download at 7:00am at about 10% of the
normal download speed. On all but the last download, no data was trasmitted
(you can tell this by looking at the download window at the line that says
"quotes per minute", if it is 0 no data is transmitted).

I called Telescan tech support last night to complain again.  They were
emphatic that the fault is due to several downloaders that do not recognize
a holiday, and so there is a delay while the whole data base is searched
for non-existant data.  They said that these downloaders include Nirvana,
Omnitrader, and METASTOCK.

My question is, are there any downloaders that can be used instead of the
Metastock downloader that do not have this defect?

Lionel Issen