Re: [amibroker] Curious problem with replies to posts

  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:12:53 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <ta4charts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Curious problem with replies to posts

Hi Dennis,

I'm just seeing this thread, so my suggestions may be off, however you might consider whether mail.com (or one of the ISPs you use with them) has gotten itself listed on an Anti-spam blacklister service such as Spamcop (spamcop.net, owned by Ironport) or ORDB (ordb.org). Some ISPs use these "services" to indiscriminately block or filter email which have a "bad" domain name" somewhere in the header, whether or not it is the point of origin.  Sometimes ISPs also block any email that seems to originate outside the US (especially certain countries from which spam or phishing often originates).

I have had to direct my ISPs to never block any email to me (and then use my own filters I've written into Mailwasher -  www.firetrust.com/en/products/mailwasher-pro  ) because too often one of my ISPs would start bouncing emails simply because a service they subscribed to said Yahoo.com (or any number of other domain name servers) was a spammer. The problem isn't really mail.com's fault, however, and there isn't much they can do about it except to request to be taken off the list -- a process which may or may not work or be done expeditiously.

The following link has a bit more explanation if you are interested.  http://www.stanford.edu/services/email/antispam/blacklist.html

All that said, a couple days ago I think Yahoo had some problems as only 3 or 4 of 6 posts I made to this group appeared, and one of them took over 12 hours to show up.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick