Re: [amibroker] Curious problem with replies to posts

  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:26:14 -0500
  • From: Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Curious problem with replies to posts

Dennis --
I too have been using mail.com as a forwarding service for a very long time.  However, I think it was only recently that one could use their servers directly, without going through ones own ISP.  I recently tried doing that, and that is when my problems began.

I've not once been able to send myself an email using only their servers.  Also, if I send directly to their server to someone else, with a cc: or bcc: to myself using their server address, no one gets the email, neither the To: recipient nor myself as bcc: or cc:.  However, this is not a problem as long as I send and receive through my own ISP.

Recently I have tried communicating with mail.com via email regarding these problems.  However, all I get is form letter type replies which are of zero help.

One other thing that really gripes me about mail.com, is that when I originally bought my email address, from iname.com, I was led to believe that I would own it for life and that there would be no additional charge, ever, for delivery.  Then after a few years, I believe, the original company was bought out by the present owner, and they started charging for the service.  Of coarse, I do not have a copy of the original agreement.  But, I'm guessing that if someone actually had a copy some lawyer types could make a fortune with a class action.  Not that you or I would ever benefit from it.

-- Keith

Dennis Brown wrote:

Keith,

Yes that is true.  However, the features I use are not new.  I have been using POP and SMTP from my email program to mail.com since 1997.  I have a lifetime email subscription I purchased back then so that I would never have to change my email address.  They did make a major upgrade to their systems right when this started though.  I do not let mail.com do any filtering of my emails.  I do that locally.

It sounds like my email "replies" to the forum are now being tagged as spam and not making it through some global filters out there.  Though my new posts are not treated that way.

I am not sure who to point the finger at to get this fixed.  I think I will have to start with mail.com as the source of the problem.

BR,
Dennis