Re: [amibroker] AddColumn Question

Mr. Chevallier, I RTFM but since this is my first explore, i was having trouble finding the words to translate the idea. Thanks for responding.

> I notice that "signal" is a predefined function for the MACD. So I use another variable "Range".
> On running the exploration, I notice that the 8H event has been defined to trigger if the 5H event is not true. In reality, an 8 bar high includes a 5-bar high and a 8L includes a 5L. As a result, all signals are only of a 5-bar high/low.  So I invert the order.

> I rewrite the signal as
RANGE BO = WriteIf(H8, "H8", WriteIf(H5,"H5","");
RANGE BD = WriteIf(L8, "L8", WriteIf(L5,"L5","");
ADDTEXTCOLUMN(RANGE BO, "RANGE BO");
ADDTEXTCOLUMN(RANGE BD, "RANGE BD");

> Now, I have to just fix another minor item and I will be rolling.
Irrespective of the period of chart I am "viewing" (5 min, daily etc) I'd like this afl to run in the background on DAILY bars compiled from realtime 5m bars.
Is there a way I can "SetOption()" in the AFL to say
> use only daily bars
> use only Watchlist AA

I appreciate any help.

best wishes,
Kazaan
2009/11/8 Robert Chevallier <robert.chevallier@xxxxxxxxx>

RTFM

You should use AddTextColumn :

signal = WriteIf(5H, "5H", WriteIf(8H, ""8H, Writeif(5L, "5L", WriteIf(8L, "8L", "- n/a -"))));
AddTextColumn(signal,"Signal");

2009/11/6 furinkazaan <furinkazaan@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I am writing my first exploration to alert for 5-day high or lows using realtime feed.
the pseudo code for this is as follows

Set interval  - Daily in AA window

Set Date – Today / last n bars=1 in AA window

5H= H> REF(HHV,5), -1);

8H= H> REF(HHV,8), -1);

5L= L< REF(LLV,5), -1);

8L= L< REF(LLV,8), -1);

BUY= 5H OR 8H;

SELL=5L OR 8L;

FILTER= (BUY OR SELL);

>>>ADDCOLUMN to display which range is broken

I am unable to figure out how to add a column in by exploration window titled "Signal" which lists "5H" / "5L"/"8H"/"8L" against each stock that passes filter.

I did check addcolumn related discussions in the group but found nothing that helps. Appreciate some guidance here. Thanks

vigi

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/