Re: [amibroker] AddColumn Question

I haven't tried, so I'm not sure it's possible...

For the timeframe, it seems you could use the TimeFrameSet() function and the TimeFrameRestore()...

For the watchlist, it seems so far it's not possible to do it in AFL. Ole Automation seems to allow to define filter criteria and load the settings (see AmiBroker's OLE Automation Object Model in the help), so you could start another instance in jscript/_vbscript_/...  or bind to the current one, load the proper criteria and execute the exploration with it.

Good luck!

2009/11/10 furinkazaan <furinkazaan@xxxxxxxxx>

Mr. Chevallier, I RTFM but since this is my first explore, i was having trouble finding the words to translate the idea. Thanks for responding.

> I notice that "signal" is a predefined function for the MACD. So I use another variable "Range".
> On running the exploration, I notice that the 8H event has been defined to trigger if the 5H event is not true. In reality, an 8 bar high includes a 5-bar high and a 8L includes a 5L. As a result, all signals are only of a 5-bar high/low.  So I invert the order.

> I rewrite the signal as
RANGE BO = WriteIf(H8, "H8", WriteIf(H5,"H5","");
RANGE BD = WriteIf(L8, "L8", WriteIf(L5,"L5","");
ADDTEXTCOLUMN(RANGE BO, "RANGE BO");
ADDTEXTCOLUMN(RANGE BD, "RANGE BD");

> Now, I have to just fix another minor item and I will be rolling.
Irrespective of the period of chart I am "viewing" (5 min, daily etc) I'd like this afl to run in the background on DAILY bars compiled from realtime 5m bars.
Is there a way I can "SetOption()" in the AFL to say
> use only daily bars
> use only Watchlist AA

I appreciate any help.

best wishes,
Kazaan

2009/11/8 Robert Chevallier <robert.chevallier@xxxxxxxxx>

RTFM

You should use AddTextColumn :

signal = WriteIf(5H, "5H", WriteIf(8H, ""8H, Writeif(5L, "5L", WriteIf(8L, "8L", "- n/a -"))));
AddTextColumn(signal,"Signal");

2009/11/6 furinkazaan <furinkazaan@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I am writing my first exploration to alert for 5-day high or lows using realtime feed.
the pseudo code for this is as follows

Set interval  - Daily in AA window

Set Date – Today / last n bars=1 in AA window

5H= H> REF(HHV,5), -1);

8H= H> REF(HHV,8), -1);

5L= L< REF(LLV,5), -1);

8L= L< REF(LLV,8), -1);

BUY= 5H OR 8H;

SELL=5L OR 8L;

FILTER= (BUY OR SELL);

>>>ADDCOLUMN to display which range is broken

I am unable to figure out how to add a column in by exploration window titled "Signal" which lists "5H" / "5L"/"8H"/"8L" against each stock that passes filter.

I did check addcolumn related discussions in the group but found nothing that helps. Appreciate some guidance here. Thanks

vigi

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/