[amibroker] Re: How to pass variables from AFL to embedded JScript?

Okay, this is bizarre. I am testing out some embedded JScript for a related application to what I posted earlier. This one is not happening within the AA, but is nonetheless still inside an AFL.

The following simple code is fine, and does not generate a syntax error:

//Test = 4;

//if ( Test == 4 )
//{

EnableScript( "jscript" );
    <%

    AB = new ActiveXObject(
"Broker.Application" );
    AA = AB.Analysis;

    %>

//}

However, if I uncomment all the "//" I get a syntax error.

Are we not allowed to call a JScript inside an IF block? If not, why the heck not? And if we are allowed, why would it be generating a syntax error in this simple case?

The error I get is on the "<%" --> probably missing semi colon on previous line.

But the semi colon is clearly there.

Anyone's two cents appreciated.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks for that tip.
>
> Guess I will have to write a WF type routine in JScript and call each optimize individually, from outside AA.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" groups@ wrote:
> >
> > During any AA operation in progress, you must not
> > use Analysis object to start another AA operation
> > (because it is infinite nesting)
> >
> > Analysis object may only be used from OUTSIDE
> > of AA.
> >
> > To run "suboptimization" use THE ONLY supported
> > way, i.e. Optimizer API (see optimizer.html file in the ADK subfolder).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****