Re: [amibroker] Re: How to pass variables from AFL to embedded JScript?

Hello,

No you are not allowed to run scripting host code within conditional _expression_.

The Microsoft SCRIPTING host is INDEPENDENT, i.e. it executes on its own,
in parallel and its "global" parts are simply extracted from the formula and run unconditionally
before actual AFL execution.

If you need to call something in script conditionally you have two choices:
a) either write condition in JScript/_vbscript_
OR
b) write a FUNCTION in JScript/_vbscript_ and call that function conditionally from AFL level
as shown below:

EnableScript( "jscript" );
<%
// NO global code, only function definition

function DoTheJob()

  AB = new ActiveXObject(
"Broker.Application" );
  AA = AB.Analysis;