Re: [amibroker] OT: Driver Scanner

Hi Ara - If you mean one of those apps that automatically tells you whenever a newer version of your software/drivers is available, I tried a couple of those over the years. Both times I eventually screwed up my computer by installing a newer driver that they found and recommended.  My attitude now is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", especially where drivers are concerned.  Of course as Keith mentioned, if it already "is" broke I suppose it might be worth a try.  Good luck!

Steve
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:06 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] OT: Driver Scanner

I use DriverAgent.  I was able to get my laptop working properly when all else failed.  Was it worth it to me -- Yep!

I forgot how much it cost -- must run a free scan first to find the price.  I hate that.  Usually walk right on by companies that do that.  I usually don't trust them.

Ara Kaloustian wrote:

Does anyone use a driver scanner to update drivers?

Is it worth having one?  ($29.95)

I am looking at Uniblue DriverScanner.... anyone familiar with it?

I ran a scan with the unregistered version and 21 of my 96 drivers are not the latest version ...

Thanks

Ara

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/