Re: [amibroker] Re: OT: Computer recommendation for AB optimizing

Hello,

Windows memory manager is unfortunatelly not the best on the planet.
The problem is not the amout of memory, but the fragmentation that occurs
over time.
Thats one of the reasons why they rewrote it in Windows 7.

What you may do now on Vista is disabling Superfetch Windows feature as it consumes several
gigabytes of your RAM.

Also you may go to Tools->Preferences, "Data" tab and adjust caching settings here.

Because of memory manager problems, AmiBroker already uses custom allocators
for some sensitive parts because without that program would run out of contiguous memory much sooner
because of fragmentation (and it did before these allocators were implemented) .
The use of custom allocators will probably be extended in future.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com