Re: [amibroker] Re: Metastock external EOD update & Amibroker MS plugin

The startup option is not a factor.  Every time you get Metastock data either at startup or whenever you change databases you get whatever is there.  And you don't have to start from scratch, etc.  Just be sure that MDdata is going into a folder and that you have a specified a Metastock database for AB (2 different things).   You tell the plug-in where to find MDdata data in the Configure settings and it puts it into the AB Metastock database that you created where it stays until it is updated.  If you are using other programs that use Metastock format then like the plug-in they also pick up MDdata data from the folder that MDdata uses.  At least that's my understanding and the way it seems to work for me.

Bill

----- Original Message -----
From: edwol53
Sent: February 14, 2009 3:41 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Metastock external EOD update & Amibroker MS plugin

Thanks for your response Bill

It seems that the only thing I can think of is that I unchecked
the "load at startup" box when I created the database folder (ie
C:\Program Files\Amibroker\MSData but there no way of checking or
changing that after the initial creation. I assumed that Amibroker
reads the native MS data folders directly rather than create its own
version and therfore any download of EOD MS data from a third party
data vendor would be reflected in AB access - which is not the case
here. (BTW Metastock & other programs do disply uptodate bars)

One option is to delete the AB MSData database and start again but I
cannot see how that is done from AB

OR uninstall AB and start again - but that will/may lose the
interday data from the Quotetraker as I see it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> I assume that (1) MDdata places data into Metastock folders, (2)
the Metastock plug-in is installed and (3) a new database for
Metastock data was created.  If so, then your settings are the same
as mine which works fine.

> Bill
MS plugin

>   Hello all,
>
>   I am trying to set up Amibroker to access EOD metastock external
>   data using the MS plugin - and get uptodate data when loading
the
>   MDdata layout/database. The MS layout does not display the
updated
>   information. Do I have to import MDdata for every MS directory
>   (containing Master record) at the end of each day? Yesterdays
EOD
>   update (ie bar) is not displayed in the charts so it seems that
it
>   is not using the external files but the local DB.
>
>   Using AmiBroker 5.20 Professional edition.
>
>   Current Configuration:
>
>   Default load on startup uses local AB Quotetraker data base (for
>   intraday input - that works as required no problem there.
>
>   Metastock Plugin
>   Data base settings are:
>   Metastock data Plug-in
>   Local data storage: Disable
>   Daily bars: 1000 (what ever!)
>   Base interval: End-of-Day
>
>   Configure:
>   All paths to Metastock data folders: are loaded
>   - retieved symbols (although I originally used Import MD Data to
>   populate the internal AB database during the trial AmiBroker
test -
>   which did not allow saving a loacal database).
>
>   My applogies if this is too trivial (and the terminology not
>   succinct) - but in my defence, I have searched the KB &
amibroker

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/