Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 8:27 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Curing AmiBroker slowdowns with a system restore

Microsoft's System Restore is very unreliable. It's just dumb luck that it
worked for you. Consider getting a disk imaging application and do the disk
image backup every day. One of the best programs is Acronis True Image,
I've been using it for years. The way it works, when you get into a
problem, it wipes out (formats) the whole disk (or selected partitions),
including your operating system, and then restores everything from the
backup image.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

"ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxxxxxxxcom> wrote in

> The only thing that ultimately worked was doing a *Windows System
> Restore* to 30 days ago. AB finally worked normally like it used to.
>
> I guess the veterans on this board might have done the restore instead
> of all the crap I tried. But, I am almost ashamed to say, I never even
> knew Windows had a system restore function. Or maybe I knew at one
> time, but forgot it was even there. In any case, that's the way to
> solve any mysterious AB slowdowns.

**** IMPORTANT ****