Re: [amibroker] what does AB do when "wait for backfill" is NOT ticked ?

Hello,

Wait for backfill is explained in the User's Guide:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_rtsource.html

It does what it says: it causes that Auto-analysis WAITS for backfill to complete
before processing given symbol.

If it is not checked it goes on with processing without waiting.
Backfill request is still sent and data may arrive later on if data source
allows multiple parallel backfills, but AA does not wait and will process data that
were in the database prior to backfill.

All data requested and received from external source are saved regardless of 'wait for backfill' setting.

The only setting that matters for saving is "Enable local storage" in Database Settings.
See this:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_workspace.html

Streaming is independent and is started automatically for every symbol
that is displayed on any chart or is present in RT quote window or
is scanned by AA (upto the limit of symbols that your RT subscription has)

See also:

Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com