[amibroker] So..What is the best VALUE intraday feed?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] So..What is the best VALUE intraday feed?
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:45:20 -0500

I have been using QuoteTracker (1 min updates with some 75 symbols) and have never seen any delays or problems. I also have not run any explorations nor scans but just have looked at charts over bunches of symbols.  However, I abhor the fact that QT, being fed from my free Fidelity.com data stream, cannot back fill if it misses even a short time much less a day or more (power outages, etc). And I have had a bunch of those recently rendering any signals based on say 5 or 10 days lookback to be worthless.   Hence, my search for something with backfill capabilities.

I have been considering subscribing to qpFeed, a somewhat new service from QuotesPlus, and then I have seen these numerous messages about slow delivery of 1 minute data from IQFeed but several msgs mentioned qpFeed.

So, hence the subject line....what is the best VALUE for the fastest, most reliable intraday, 1 minute (I don't care about tick data and could probably get by with 5 minute data) data feed.  I would like to have a universe of ETFs (maybe 100 to 125 symbols) and would like to scan for setups and buy/sell signals on 15 minute charts, maybe even 30 minute charts.

qpFeed sounded economical (good value) but if there are major bottlenecks, then I dunno.  TJ says all intraday feeds slow down, but what do those intrepid day traders use?

Advice and suggestions, please.  Thanks.
Ken

**** IMPORTANT ****