Re: [amibroker] Introduction to AmiBroker

Hi Booker --

Thanks for the kind words about both my books.  They do have some overlap, perhaps 15 percent, but they address different needs.

Introduction to AmiBroker is intended to help people use AmiBroker.  It describes the Graphical User Interface, the AFL language, and what you need to know to write your own programs.  Chapter 3 includes ten example projects, each of which can be done in 30 minutes or less.  They build from loading a symbol to view a chart through running an optimization and a walk forward.
http://www.introductiontoamibroker.com

Quantitative Trading Systems is intended to help people design and test trading systems.  At the time I wrote it (2007), there was no other book describing how to write AFL, so it includes enough on AFL to explain the systems examples.  But its focus is on systems.
http://www.quantitativetradingsystems.com

Of course, I recommend both books.  Start with the Introduction book to learn AmiBroker, then QTS for trading systems.

Thanks,
Howard