[amibroker] Re: OT: Making $$ in today's Economic Crisis

"...My question is: are you making money in the current volatile
economic climate and if so how?  How has the turmoil in your local
economy/exchange/country influenced how you trade and what your more
recent performance is?  What are you doing or do you think you will
doing in the next days and weeks (as it changes so frequently, who
knows what months will bring)?..."

IMO, anyone who has a proven winning system should simply continue to
trade it, as objectively and dispassionately as possible.

My experience so far this year.  My preferred method (long-only) is to
wait for a moderate correction in the overall market (10%-15%), then
start looking for a signal from the SP500 Index that things have
bottomed-out and are headed higher, and finally buying a portfolio of
high-growth/high RS small caps for an intermediate to long-term trade.

Now, earlier in the year my method was working within expected
parameters, but within the past 3 weeks I had a rare, but over-large
drawdown.  (A lot of it came on just that one day when the DJIA fell
by 700+ points.)

Key point:  Painful as this is, it's a *normal* part of any system,
they'll *all* do this at some point, and anyone who tells you
different is trying to sell you something.:)

My trading response:  When I saw this happening with my method, I
recognized what was going on in the markets (runaway directional
downmove spurred by panic selling), dumped all my longs,
simultaneously got *short* (inverse SP500 ETF), quickly made-up about
1/3 of my recent losses, and then got back out.  Now, I'm waiting for
my method to generate a new "buy" signal.

It's times like this that AB can be *the most* valuable to us, by
keeping us grounded in the objectivity of well-tested, proven methods.
 I'm not afraid of my next "buy" signal and I'm sure as Hell not going
to ignore it because I think I "know" better than my system.:)

JMO, FWIW.

Sincerely,

Sebastian

**** IMPORTANT ****