Re: [amibroker] Settings frustration

Chris --
The bad news -- I made my last post before I saw yours.

The GOOD news -- that's great work of yours.  It will give me a great start on my include settings.afl.  But you did so much more --
I'm printing out a hard copy right now.

Thanks so much.
-- Keith

ChrisB wrote:

Keith
For what it's worth there is a file in the groups file section called AB
Backtester Basics.doc.

Under AFL settings there is a list and table of what I was able to
deduce from various tests.
This was done in Jan 08 so there are some new functions in later AB
versions.

Haven't actually pursued the Backtester much since then: may have
another play over the Festive Season when the markets are quiet.

Hope this helps a little

Regards

ChrisB

Keith McCombs wrote:

> I'm forever having trouble with settings in AA, because I don't want
> the same settings for all my AFL formulas. Some of the settings can
> be overridden by "SetOption() ". For example "| SetOption (
> "MinShares" , 1 );" in AFL code will override "Min. shares:" in AA
> Settings. However, as far as I know there is no way to override the
> AA setting "Round lot size:" in AFL code.
>
> Also, some settings can be overridden with a simple statement such as
> " || SetTradeDelays ( 1 , 1 , 1 , 1 ); |" No SetOption() required.
>
> If I had my druthers, which I don't, there would be *NO* settings in
> AA, only in AFL.
>
> Second choice: Has anyone made a simple but complete table of all the
> settings: AA, simple statement, and SetOption to help reduce my
> frustration? If so, would they be so kind as to post it somewhere:
> Yahoo form, files section, or UKB, wherever.
>
> TIA.
> -- Keith