Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 10:14 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Settings frustration

I'm forever having trouble with settings in AA, because I don't want the same settings for all my AFL formulas.  Some of the settings can be overridden by "SetOption()".  For example "SetOption("MinShares", 1);" in AFL code will override "Min. shares:" in AA Settings.  However, as far as I know there is no way to override the AA setting "Round lot size:" in AFL code.

Also, some settings can be overridden with a simple statement such as "
SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);"  No SetOption() required.

If I had my druthers, which I don't, there would be NO settings in AA, only in AFL.

Second choice:  Has anyone made a simple but complete table of all the settings: AA, simple statement, and SetOption to help reduce my frustration?  If so, would they be so kind as to post it somewhere: Yahoo form, files section, or UKB, wherever.

TIA.
-- Keith