[amibroker] Re: How to auto indent the afl code into NotePad++ (as prettyfy)

Sorry, I haven't seen any general editors that have that sort of
functionality. Personally I format code how I want it to look as I
write it, and wouldn't want any automated program "prettifying" it.

To ensure matching braces, I generally enter the closing one at the
same time as the opening one (my editor often does this automatically
using templates) and then fill in the code in between.

Mismatching parentheses is not such an issue, as the compiler or
interpreter will flag it as a syntax error and it's usually very easy
to spot where to add or remove one.

Auto-correcting either mismatching braces or parentheses is not really
possible, as the editor can't know your logic and thus exactly where
to put (or remove) one. From my quick test with the AmiBroker
function, it doesn't try to correct them either.

I'm not sure with User Defined, but as C++ Notepad++ can indicate
matching parentheses and braces on a one-by-one basis. If you put the
cursor on an open parenthesis or brace, it will highlight where it
thinks the matching closing one is.

Hope this helps.

GP