[amibroker] Re: OT: MacPro with Parallels / Fusion

Ara,

Like you I'm actually using a BootCamp partition at the moment. Mainly
because I'm running 64 bit Vista. Vista does NOT run well under either
Parallels or Fusion. Mainly because of the fact that Windows as a
virtual OS cannot access hardware acceleration of graphics. It can
only use standard SVGA drivers. Big problem for Vista. Speaking from
experience Vista is lightning quick under BootCamp and noticably
slower under Fusion & Parallels.

However, assuming that you are using XP, you should be fine to run
Windows as a virtual OS.

I now use Fusion having been an early Parallels customer. Parallels
had all sorts of problems in the early days... and having paid for it,
the sheer instability of the product made me switch to Fusion. Fusion
has been rock solid since day one - VMWare are pretty much the top
virtualization software company on the planet, so they know what they
are doing. I have heard that Parallels is a lot more stable these days.

To be honest the companies seem to be running pretty much neck and
neck right now. The Fusion 2.0 beta has been out for quite a while and
has added very significant fucntionality to Fusion. If you want rock
solid stability I don't think you will ever go wrong with Fusion. But
then, maybe Parallels is the same now. I guess it will come down to
which one you like the feel of.