From: lou
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:43 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Finding Information

For me, the greatest advance that AB could make is to enable me to use what I have.  I know of no other program that offers even close to the possibilities of AB yet often even the simplest things consume a large amount of time to solve.  For example, the tooltip is displaying a lot of information that is not really needed.  No problem, I type in "tooltip" in the "help" search and get the following under preferences:

Price data tooltips
if checked small tooltips will appear when you hover over the chart displaying selected bar date, prices / indicator values

That is exactly what I want but it doesn't work.  Somewhere there is another "modifying" command that will not allow me to see the Open and Close prices, but where?  This then is the start of hours of searching - or the initiation of this e-mail to the forum for help.  Will I get a comment such as "Read the documentation stupid."?

Again, the single greatest advance to AB would be to simply be able to use what we already have, not some new programming with inadequate and dispersed documentation.  Perhaps Howard would write a "How To" book on AB.

PS - Would also appreciate help with the tooltips thing.

lou howard