Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: 'Rule Based' versus 'Discretionary' trading...

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: 'Rule Based' versus 'Discretionary' trading...

I think Tomasz already coded this for you, it can be found on the AmiBroker knowledge Base:

http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/05/06/discretionary-equity/

best regards,

herman

Hello,

TJ asked  for new ideas about charting  for "discretionary traders".

How about "Manual positioning  of buy and sell signals on the chart that can be  backtested( without need to code anything)" !

Discretionary trader  opens Bar replay and while chart is  flowing he/she presses buy /sell/short/cover/ buttons in Bar replay pane.

When finished,  press  Backtest and  voila backtest profit loss report is made in a second !

It cannot be done simpler than that and I think no charting software offers that.

Personally,  I think its not about so much about charts, its lack of coding AFL abbilities  of the discretionary traders group.

For anything worth trading, trader must code  lot of  loops, AFL super secret codes etc etc.

I support what "Wavemechanic" and  Herman said in this topic.

Sincerely

Drazen

http://www.eset.com