[amibroker] Re: TWSLink

You can program the IB controller, actually your AB code running as
an indicator, to wait until an order is filled. Putting IBC to sleep
is a bad idea especially if the order is not MKT because you can't
tell how long it will take. Fills for MKT orders are about a second
or less so all the program has to do is wait for a filled status then
until the number of contracts/shares is confirmed and then go on to
the next symbol in your list.

Because TWSLink has a method for this does not mean your AB program
can't do it also, it can. But handling many symbols in AB is not
easy. I don't have any idea how difficult it is in TWSLink. Since
TWSLink already supports functions you would have to code yourself
this it might make it easier to use.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hf_thief" <eric.q.lee@xxx> wrote:

> I use TWSLink for automated trading. TWSLink is useful for
submitting
> hundreds of complex orders that have many orders attached and for
> controlling the attributes thereof, such as whether the order is
> hidden or not, the display size, the trigger method for stops, the
OCA
> identifier, and etc.
>
> IB controller is too fast for this. In particular, the TWS cannot
keep
> up with IB controller and attached orders keep getting dropped
unless
> you put IB contoller to sleep for many milliseconds after each
orders
> is submitted, which is not a very satisfactory solution.
>
> In comparison TWSLink, has a feature where you can wait for order
> status, which is much more effective for getting all of your
attached
> orders properly entered.
>
> I use IB controller for intraday trading where speed is essential.
IB