Re: [amibroker] Re: About Automatic Analysis

Title: Re: [amibroker] Re: About Automatic Analysis

Hello Barry,

I know he is talking about the backtester but, imo, AA executions are too far apart for real time trading. It is too bad that we need sophisticated com objects to call AA operations. Using com objects is, for the non-programmer, a real time/spirit killer. You can execute multiple systems with one call using OLE (I am working on this now); of course they execute in sequence. Not sure how this would work if you launched multiple instances of AB/com objects. These are areas the non-programmer probably wants to stay away from.

In an indicator you execute your formula as quotes arrive, or at a max timed refresh interval of 1 sec. Everything is simple: you can see what is happening. I also use the bar-Playback to log trades and calculate profits and think it is a great tool. I may output to file and DebugView. It is a simple, albeit slow, solution for accomplishing tasks that would require sophisticated programming techniques (OLE,CBT,...) otherwise. Btw

If you run four different formulas, in dfferent panes, or windows using Timed refresh, you can run different trading systems. Of course there are complications in keeping your trades apart - but that is common for the AA as well. Most AA operations can be mimicked in an indicator using the equity(). To know exactly what is required we would need to know more about the system.

best regards,

herman