Re: [amibroker] Re: Market Profile

Thanks Sidharta. Yes, I did open the link. So I am aware of this note. Perhaps my question should have been, is there already a solution for the zooming/scale problem ? In other words, how to get the correct scaling with needed refreshments ? If there is a solution, I don't want to waste my time in inventing the wheel again ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:03 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Market Profile

Ton,

Did you see the note on Example 4 about zooming...?

Example 4. Low-level graphic positioning - shows how to align built-in
plots() with the low-level graphics. Note that if scale changes
(pxheight changes) due to new data or different zoom level, it needs
additional refresh to read new scale and adjust positions properly.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> Tomasz what is the reason that the dots in example 4 do not fall
exactly on the price when zooming in and out ? Sometimes they are on
the price line but in most cases they are above or below the line. It
is as if they have a 'styleownscale'. I did not change your code. Any
suggestion how to get exactly the same chart ?

> Regards, Ton.

Steidlman's
> work, not simply 'volume at price'...
>
> I mean something like the following that has been written for
> NinjaTrader...
>
> http://fin-alg.com/mp.jpg
>
> Now, I have seen some attempts at this in the AFL library... but
> frankly they are not even close to complete solutions to this
problem.
> No-one seems to have coded a quality solution to this yet in AFL.
>
> I'm happy to pursue the coding of this and would be happy to
share it,
> or even colaborate with others on the project. So if anyone
else is
> interested in helping, feel free to let me know...
>
> Right now I have a very obvious question... to make this work, I'm
> going to need complete control, not only over the y-axis
(price) but