[amibroker] Re: Market Profile

TJ,

Thanks.

"True", or "Classic" Market Profile if you like, works like this...

Clasically a day is split into 30 min segments. Each "letter code"
represents a 30 min segment. You can also define each 30 min segment
by a graphical block of a different color as per,

http://fin-alg.com/MPSmall.png

But truthfully "letter codes" are much better because they form a
chronological order which is important. A letter is placed on the
histogram at each price point which traded during that 30 min period -
from the leftmost column forward. Thus building a typical bell shaped
horizontal histogram.

I am not sure about the full functionality offered by the NinajTrader
plug-in that Pete uses... Pete, can you comment on this...?

But I can imagine that it would allow such things as user defined
periods (i.e. the 30 min segment is variable), the ability to form
composite Market Profiles... i.e. you can combine a number of
concurrent days (still with 30 min segments) to appear in one market
profile that way building a bigger picture of the market place,
returning information about he profile built such as the width (in
number of segments) of the widest point of the profile etc...

I think if you look at this diagram you will see what I mean...

http://fin-alg.com/mp.jpg

Again, love to be able to achieve this on AmiBroker. The more
experince I get as a trader, the greater my desire to move away from
the vanilla price charting. Maybe that's a trend that will grow more
widely.

Would this be hard to implement TJ?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko \(groups\)"
<groups@xxx> wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean with "TRUE" market profile,
> but built-in market profile volume at price has been GREATLY
> improved with 5.14.0 BETA. It includes ability to draw at USER-SPECIFIED
> points.
> It is as true as the one you have posted. There are no "letter codes",
> but they only duplicate the same information that is provided by
graphical bars.

> Now you can draw them at USER-DEFINED time points.
>
> Excerpt from the read me:
>
> new multiple Volume At Price charts at user-defined points via new
PlotVolumeOverlayA function

> PlotVAPOverlayA( segments, lines = 300, width = 80, color =
colorLightGrey, vapstyle = 4);
> segmens - is an array which holds 0 and 1 (False/True) values, where
1 indicates starting/ending point of each VAP segment

> AmiBroker will draw as many segments as there are '1' in the array.
Note that minimum segment length is 2, so if entire array is filled
with 1-s only,
> it won't draw anything. In other words, there must be zeros (at
least one) between 1's.

> Simplest example:
>
> Plot(C, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
> segments = IIf( Interval() < inDaily, Day(), Month() ); // draw
daily or monthly VAP segments depending on display interval
> segments = segments != Ref( segments , -1 );
>
> PlotVAPOverlayA( segments );
>

> More complex example:
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
> SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
> _N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi
%g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue(
ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));
> Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle |
ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() );
> _SECTION_END();
>
> _SECTION_BEGIN("VAP");
> segments = IIf( Interval() < inDaily, Day(), Month() );
> segments = segments != Ref( segments , -1 );
>
> PlotVAPOverlayA( segments , Param("Lines", 300, 100, 1000, 1 ),
Param("Width", 80, 1, 100, 1 ), ParamColor("Color", colorGold ),
ParamToggle("Side", "Left|Right" ) | 2 * ParamToggle("Style",
"Fill|Lines", 0) | 4*ParamToggle("Z-order", "On top|Behind", 1 ) );
> Plot(segments, "", colorLightGrey, styleHistogram | styleOwnScale );
> _SECTION_END();
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com