[amibroker] Re: Anyone actually making money?

Anyone that shows you the results from an 'in sample' backtest has
already disqualified themselves from the 'entry tests'... it's such a
basic error, they clearly need to go back to their learning.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <professor@xxx> wrote:

> Fred,
>
> You are right. I have written several systems that will produce a
profit when I backtest them. I have one that showed a profit for 50
years trading every stock in the DIA. However, it doesn't work when I
backtest it this year. I don't use optimize, but I do make change to
get better results. I also agreed that anyone buying a system should
get proof that it works and is profitable by getting a statement to
prove that it was traded profitably.

> Thanks for your comments,
> Tom

year end audited brokerage statement for the last 10 years .
Everything else is some form of fish story which gets better and
better as time goes by .

On Behalf Of brian_z111