Re: [amibroker] Re: Futures or stocks?

Hi Brian,

When you talk about a mentor, do you mean someone on the forum?  I am open to your idea; however I wonder how a mentor could help me if I don't know yet what exactly I am trying to do...  Hmm, or to put it as TomC said, why would someone who know how to write a great code doing mentorate or selling his system while he could just sit and watch his bank account grow?

That been said, of course I'd like some help.  I know nobody using Amibroker except for this group.

You are right about impulsiveness; this is a major problem for me.  And as trading is concerned, to me having a system is the only way I can go around this, as I have no problem to follow guidelines in which I have full confidence.  (It reminds me about chess; I knew automatic moves of some opening up to move 21 and I amazed everyone playing those moves automatically.  I never feared to do it because I was 100% sure they were the best moves.  The only thing I had to do was to keep them in my memory.  Now, it is the opposite.  I must find the moves and AB will keep them in its memory!)  But I need to be able to build that system.

Maybe my problem is that I have too good an example.  As I said, I know someone who made a consistant 35%/year in the last 10 years  (and over 50% in the last 2-3 years) so my goal is to improve over his discretionaty technique as this would allow me to sell my ideas or to work with him to implement them.  Maybe this is asking too much.  I don't know.  I just know that I probably wouldn't be able (or would want to) to do discretionary trading as he does.  To me discretionary trading looks like a dinosaur trying to use a IPhone.  (Sorry for those who use it; that's just how I feel with it).

Thanks,

Louis