[amibroker] Re: Futures or stocks?

The FTC might also say that you are trading on your own inside
information.  Make sure that you disclose your position, if any, and
any intended trades.

Some writers have gotten into trouble this way.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <professor@xxx> wrote:

> TomC,
>
> I think that you are right. I would not sell my trading program
because I think that it would be useless when more people use it. I
make too much profit on it. However, I was thinking about selling a
service which would email alerts to my members. However, if I had 100
members and they all bought at within 5 minutes, it would probably
drive the price of gold up about $5 or $10. Since I would have bought
first, I would make a lot of money by just selling as soon as gold
goes up because my members are buying. Now, the price drops $10 back
to where is was. I have a lot of unhappy members who will quit my
service.

> This is not only a bad way to do business, it is dishonest and like
stealing. That is why that I believe that in most cases, someone with
a profitable program would not sell it.

> Tom

can buy that works and allows the making of a profit. It seems that
if someone develops a winning system, they would be able to make
their money using it, rather than selling it? I would love to buy a
system that would help my trading.