[amibroker] Re: Data importing help please

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "imorf69" <imorf69@xxx> wrote:

> > Hello,
> > I get EOD data from Cooltrader, copy it to a notepad then use
import
> > wizard to import to AB. Is there a way to decrease the amount of
mouse
> > clicks (select all, copy, paste, save, pick files etc) in this
process.
> > If it's possible to automate like Amiquote does with only one
click,
> > can you point me to the reading material and possible examples of
what
> > to do.
> > Thanks for any help
> >

> Sorry to see your question get threadjacked by someone that didn't
> even read your question properly. You should be downloading (saving
> as..) the cooltrader EOD, Updates (and World Indices if you want
them)
> each day as you really should be keeping the data anyway. Then you
> just Import each into AMi, all up will take you a minute. No need to
> select,copy, past save etc. Don't know about automating downloading
> them though, but once you bokmark the site it really isn't a big
task
> of gettign them each weekday.

Thanks for the reply imorf69, I had kind of given up on this thread.
I dont save the data, as I thought it is saved in AB.
I found in the members area an example of automating downloads, that
I can't adapt ( limited understanding JScript), so I'll stay with
manual for now.
Thanks again and all the best.