[amibroker] Re: how to simulate open price

On US stocks you can get real opening price now with
getrtdata("open",symbol); and then store it in a static variable, but
not for canadian for example.

Your code would return an array not the today's opening, and in case a
stock trades later than the official opening time, it would return the
previous opening till the first actual trade, even using lastvalue.

I tried to scan my list of stocks and store the first last price when
totalvolume is greater than zero, but even lowering the refreshing
time to zero, it doesn't seem to be quite accurate, so I was hoping
that AB stores all actual trades, and to retrieve the open price of
the bar with the correct date, but the problem is that AB doesn't
store a date for each bar, but rather use a single datenum for all
symbols.
Using foreign with the hole fixing off, I should get null for the last
value if it is empty, but it doesn't seem to work.
May be i am not referencing to a long enough symbol, and the hole
fixing is not working properly.

Thank you for you comment

Regards
Ly

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jerry Gress"
<pleasenospamplease@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On us stocks and IB I use:
>
> SetForeign("JPM-NYSE",True);
> Xyz = TimeFrameGetPrice("O",inDaily,1);
>
> Then do what you want with the open
>
> RestorePriceArrays();
>

> Works for me, uses lots of cpu. That "O" is Open.
>
> Hope this helps, can't remember how I got it, apologies if copied,
maybe TJ
> helped on it??
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Gress