Re: [amibroker] Re: Questions for people using automatic transactions with IB

  • To: ozzyapeman <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Questions for people using automatic transactions with IB
  • From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:11:02 -0400

All system development MUST include a test phase using real-time data and real money. In stocks you can simply trade 1 or 10 shares for a few days or weeks. Commission cost are known and negligible, trading full positions your risks are unlimited. Commissions are simply the cost of developing a system - never expect to make money right of the bat.

If you jump in with maximum position sizes you are asking to go broke.

best regards,

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/