[amibroker] Re: AlertIf Question?

I tried this and still can't get AlertIf to work. This is what I did:

I set smtp server to smtp.imageview.us
Authentication to Auth Login
I set my user id and password that is in outlook express
Sender name = myABat and email razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Recipient name = razzbarry and email razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Outlook Express has these settings:
Properties/Servers outgoing SMTP is set to smtp.imageview.us
Autgoing mail server requires authentication which is set to the same
user id and password I used above.

Properties/Advanced shows the outgoing smtp port is 587 and SSL is
NOT required.

When I press test I get a message Failed to connect to SMTP server
221 smtp.imageview.us. Is there anything obvious I did wrong?
I don't have any trouble sending charts via email. Why do I have
trouble sending email using AlertIf? I don't see why AlertIf can't
default to the same email address as the one I use for sending
charts, unless I choose to send the alert elsewhere.

Thanks,
Barry

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Levent Pancuk <lpancuk@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was able to set it less than 5 minutes. This is how
> I did it:
> . Open "Tools->Preferences" and select the Alerts tab
> . Type in the smtp server for your email account. For
> example - smtp.mail.yahoo.com for the Yahoo accounts.
> Check this link for the smtp servers:
> http://www.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx
> . Select "AUTH LOGIN" from the Authentication Method
> drop-down box.
> . Type in your email login user name and password
> . Type your actual email address into the "Recipient
> Email" field and type a name
> . Type a senders email (make it same as the recipient)
> and a name.
>
> That's it and make sure that your Internet
> security/firewall software will allow your computer to
> talk to this server.
> Now you can use AlertIf;)
> Cheers,
> Levent
>

> --- onelkm <LKMCD1@xxx> wrote:
>

> > Chris
> > I agree with you - I also went through the 1000+
> > posts about alertif
> > and still have problema using it. There does need to
> > be a special
> > effort to make alertif easier or there needs to be
> > expanded help
> > files with additional examples. Spending 6 hours
> > going through 1000
> > posts is not a good way to go IMHO. Many people have
> > struggled with
> > it as evidenced by the questions and it seems only a
> > few really
> > understand how to use it.
> > Larry
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ChrisB
> > <kris45mar@> wrote:

> > > Do me favour will you...
> > >
> > > 1. Read the help files on the Alertif function.
> > >
> > > Then please go to ...

> > > type in Alertif and do the search
> > >
> > > There are over 1000 hits.
> > > Please read them all. Dedicate this weekend to
> > that, and the next
> > week
> > > experimenting with your code with the markets
> > open.
> > >
> > > If you discover the secret, please share.
> > >
> > > A short while ago I went through all the posts but
> > still cannot
> > > understand the full logic behind the Alertif
> > function.
> > > When I got to the bit where I needed to learn
> > StaticVariables just
> > > get consistent results with Alerts I have this on
> > the backburner
> > for now.
> > >
> > > What I _would_ like is a dedicated tab in Settings
> > with a well
> > > constructed GUI for the Alerts function, similar
> > to the IS-OOS one.
> > >
> > > We may have to wait awhile for this, but IMHO this
> > would be the
> > next big
> > > advance in AB functionality.
> > >
> > > Regards

> [...]