[amibroker] Re: AlertIf Question?

I set up the email alert to send a text page to my phone which seems
to work faster than a regular e-mail.
But ..... I still am plagued with getting the alertif to work
correctly. So for me getting the alert in a timely manner is just
half the battle, it is also important to get a reliable alert!
Spending hours going through a thousand or so posts on the alertif
topic and still having problems getting it to work is very
frustrating to say the least.
If you are satisfied with the alerts you are getting, please post
your code and any settings that may be relevant. I think more
examples would help.
Thanks
Larry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Levent Pancuk <lpancuk@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was able to set it less than 5 minutes. This is how
> I did it:
> . Open "Tools->Preferences" and select the Alerts tab
> . Type in the smtp server for your email account. For
> example - smtp.mail.yahoo.com for the Yahoo accounts.
> Check this link for the smtp servers:
> http://www.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx
> . Select "AUTH LOGIN" from the Authentication Method
> drop-down box.
> . Type in your email login user name and password
> . Type your actual email address into the "Recipient
> Email" field and type a name
> . Type a senders email (make it same as the recipient)
> and a name.
>
> That's it and make sure that your Internet
> security/firewall software will allow your computer to
> talk to this server.
> Now you can use AlertIf;)
> Cheers,
> Levent
>

> --- onelkm <LKMCD1@xxx> wrote:
>

> > Chris
> > I agree with you - I also went through the 1000+
> > posts about alertif
> > and still have problema using it. There does need to
> > be a special
> > effort to make alertif easier or there needs to be
> > expanded help
> > files with additional examples. Spending 6 hours
> > going through 1000
> > posts is not a good way to go IMHO. Many people have
> > struggled with
> > it as evidenced by the questions and it seems only a
> > few really
> > understand how to use it.
> > Larry
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ChrisB
> > <kris45mar@> wrote:

> > > Do me favour will you...
> > >
> > > 1. Read the help files on the Alertif function.
> > >
> > > Then please go to ...

> > > type in Alertif and do the search
> > >
> > > There are over 1000 hits.
> > > Please read them all. Dedicate this weekend to
> > that, and the next
> > week
> > > experimenting with your code with the markets
> > open.
> > >
> > > If you discover the secret, please share.
> > >
> > > A short while ago I went through all the posts but
> > still cannot
> > > understand the full logic behind the Alertif
> > function.
> > > When I got to the bit where I needed to learn
> > StaticVariables just
> > > get consistent results with Alerts I have this on
> > the backburner
> > for now.
> > >
> > > What I _would_ like is a dedicated tab in Settings
> > with a well
> > > constructed GUI for the Alerts function, similar
> > to the IS-OOS one.
> > >
> > > We may have to wait awhile for this, but IMHO this
> > would be the
> > next big
> > > advance in AB functionality.
> > >
> > > Regards

> [...]