[amibroker] Re: Can Amibroker do Top-Down Trading?

i am using yahoo or google data.

each stock would have to be assigned to a specific sector and
specific industry.

each sector would have to be ranked based on "some determination of
strength". then moving down- you would look for the "strongest"
industry in that sector..then moving farther down- find the
"strongest" stocks in that industry of that sector..

how can that be done with amibroker?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cstrader" <cstrader232@xxx> wrote:

> Well, yes you can link to the appropriate industry and sector from
each
> stock.  But what data are you expecting to retrieve by industry and
sector?
> For instance, perhaps, the mean change of the stocks in the
industry or
> sector over the past day?

Industry
> > and Sector,and the Industry must be linked to to
Sector.PositionScore
> > wont help if there is not a "linking" between stocks and their
> > repective industries and sector.
> >
> > Does Ami have the capability to select stocks based on a selected
> > stock criteria as well as conditional criteria of the respective
> > industry and sector???
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Allan
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Sure, that's what PositionScore is about.
> >>
> >> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_portfolio.html
> >>
> >> If you want "multiple" targets simply apply weights.
> >>
> >> Assuming "individual scores" range from 0..100 appropriate
> >> code would look like this:
> >>
> >> PositionScore = SectorScore * 10000 + 100 * IndustryScore +
> > StockScore;
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko
> >> amibroker.com