[amibroker] Re: Tracking down performance degredation in AB

Thanks Tomasz, but I'm as sure as I can be it's not my formula's...
I have checked them before, but I checked again on live charts as you
suggested... my slowest formula is about 0.05sec and that uses about
three plotforeign() statements.

I have found that symbol linking of charts seems to cause them to slow
down... Would that be correct...? And when I say 'slow down' I don't
mean chart re-draws... more general operation, like scrolling on
charts, cursor clicks, menu pop up & right click menus etc...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Chart refresh of ZERO means to refresh as often as CPU allows
> so it inherently leads to higher load. That is not degradation
however but
> rather speed up as chart are refreshed more often.
>
> However if on single core you are getting more than 70% CPU load average
> it may mean that your formulas are probably not fine-tuned for
real-time performance.

> EVERY formula used for real time trading should execute below 0.1
second.

> You should display the timing of your chart
> (Tools->Preferences->Miscellaneous "Display chart timing).
> If your formula execution takes ANYTHING more than 0.1 sec to execute
> it means that the formula you are using is written wrong
> (inefficiently).
> Formulas shipped with AB execute in less than 0.01 sec.
>
> Run
> AFL Editor, Tools->Check and profile to find bottleneck of your
formulas.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com