Re: [amibroker] Re: Tracking down performance degredation in AB

Hello,

Chart refresh of ZERO means to refresh as often as CPU allows
so it inherently leads to higher load. That is not degradation however but
rather speed up as chart are refreshed more often.

However if on single core you are getting more than 70% CPU load average
it may mean that your formulas are probably not fine-tuned for real-time performance.

EVERY formula used for real time trading should execute below 0.1 second.

You should display the timing of your chart
(Tools->Preferences->Miscellaneous "Display chart timing).
If your formula execution takes ANYTHING more than 0.1 sec to execute
it means that the formula you are using is written wrong
(inefficiently).
Formulas shipped with AB execute in less than 0.01 sec.

Run
AFL Editor, Tools->Check and profile to find bottleneck of your formulas.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com