[amibroker] Re: Adaptive everything - with build in stops - too wild

Had it been easy to set some volatility against all my indicators, I
probably would have pursued it, but since I have to adjust each one
from the raw, a better use of my time is investing, rathering than
coding, so since I'm an EOD trader maybe that is enough of a
volatility filter in itself. Thanks all.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@xxx>
wrote:

> In a nutshell, use a measure of volatility range of your choice
(e.g., roc(short) / roc(long), sigma(short) / sigma(long), atr
(short) / atr(long), etc.).  Then use a scheme that couples high
volatility with short periods and low volatility with long periods.
There are many code examples floating around for a variety of
indicators and like anything else their value has to be determined by
the user (caveat emptor).  The books, however, will imo make
understanding easier and faster although one can simply Google and
there might be some in the library or the S&C codes.

> Bill

Book)