RE: [amibroker] Adaptive everything - with build in stops - too wild

Thanks Bill. I’ll take another look…

Joseph Biran

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of wavemechanic
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 5:53 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Adaptive everything - with build in stops - too wild

Joe:

I don't know how you could miss the adaptive discussions.  Throughout the book Chande provides a detailed discussion of "static" and "dynamic" indicators and the Table of Contents and Index direct you to specific discussions and tutorials (e.g., VIDYA (Chapter 3), DMI (Chapter 5), etc.).  Of course, adaptive (Chande, Kaufman, etc.) is not the only way to go and some choose other routes, including optimization, multiple time frame statics, etc.  One way or the other this mindset leads to matching indicator periods with market action.  There is no magic bullet so choose your poison.

Bill