[amibroker] Re: Expectancy - and related

Grant & Gerry,

I have added another worksheet to the K-ratio.xls file in the file
section of this group.
Instructions are included - you can change the inputs to 'stress
test' the K-ratio with different types of equity curves.

I am confident the file allows us to form a reasonable view on the
strengths and weaknesses of the K, despite the fact that it is not
mathematically sophisticated.

I find it a reliable metric.
I don't see any evidence that it is prone to time dependence.
I do find it a conservative metric - if the equity curve has above
ave variance the K forces us to find high growth systems.

The corresponding weakness is that if the variance is extremely low
it can 'pass' very low growth systems.

All in all a quite safe metric to use providing its benign weaknesses
are allowed for (I say benign because if a low growth/low variance
system is incorrectly selected the end result won't be a total
disaster).

Anyway - the file will let you decide for yourself.

brian_z