[amibroker] Re: UKB news

To all,

Yes, I fully understand how busy we all are but no one needs an
excuse anyway.

I did exactly what I wanted to do, no more, no less (and so should
everyone else).

Yes, I am still in the forum - I would miss the friends I have made
if I left.

Yes, I might write for the UKB again later.

Yes, I will tidy up my 'to be written in the future' posts.

Yes, I am pretty certain I can get my drive back - I will try your
hints.
Actually, I think D is correct - I'll take off the cover and tap in
the cards - it probably just jumped them out a bit.

New projects:

it would be fun to write my own website, write a book, write a
concerto for piano (my wife thinks I will grow wings before I do that
one seeing how she is a piano teacher and I can't play at all).

With regards to trading - I am here to make money (same as everyone
else) and have fun doing it.

Thanks for the kind words and help with the hard drive.

brian_z

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I have enjoyed the encouragement and example you have shown in
writing
> for the UKB.  Even though I agree that the tools seemed like a
> roadblock to me getting started with this, I do intend on writing
more
> when I get past certain hurdles.
>
> I am not well acquainted with all the issues that went into the
> choices for the UKB tools, so I can not criticize the end result
> except to note that it does not meet my imagined ideal --which is
> tough standard (I'm a Mac guy).
>
> However, I think part of the problem is that those who are capable
of
> making contributions, are also those who are up to their eyeballs
> trying to create systems or keep up with an ever changing market.
It
> is by intensive work on real solutions that the raw material comes
for
> things that can be shared.  And as you and others have discovered,
> writing in a way that is educational and understandable is an art
form.

> Both you and Herman have made a huge contribution to the AB
community
> through your UKB posts.  Thank you.
>
> Best wishes on whatever you undertake next.
>
> Dennis
>
> On Apr 17, 2008, at 4:58 PM, brian_z111 wrote:
> > I'm having a break from writing for the UKB.
> >
> > When Tomasz started it I told him I would write X amount in the
period
> > up to the end of year 2007 - it was my payback to him for
unbelievable
> > support.
> >
> > So, I went beyond that but now I am not certain that I want to
> > continue.
> >
> > I like the coummunity spirit and internet compact, where we share
free
> > stuff with each other, but I find that publishing requires ongoing
> > commitment to keeping up with additional software (if only I could
> > publish hassle free).
> >
> > Although I feel the UKB is a success it is a problem for me that
more
> > authors haven't come forward to sustain the opening effort.
> >
> > IMO the WordPress software, structure of the site, need to sign
> > legal
> > for etc are holding the site back, and turning away authors, but
AFAIK
> > Tomasz is unlikely to make any changes there.
> >
> > I am looking at other software/sites where I might set up a NFP
site
> > on
> > my own, or as a joint open effort with other AB users, as I do
have
> > more stuff (some I have started).
> >
> > Anyway, I dropped a dictionary on my PC tower and killed it (some
UKB