RE: [amibroker] Speed issues with Premium Data

I think after 10000 symbols, the CPU will become the bottle neck, not RAM. Also the loading time of 37000 symbols into RAM wouldnt be trival either.
I personally would suggest importing the data into native AB format, at least that would increase the loading speed considerably and stick to no more than 10000 symbols in any backtest.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Dale
Sent: Friday, 11 April 2008 12:40 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Speed issues with Premium Data

Hi Tomasz,

We have just released our comprehensive US listed + delisted stock database back to 1950.  This has over 37000 symbols in it and comprises almost 2GB of data in MetaStock format.  However, the in-memory cache size “max symbols” setting is limited to 20000 symbols – is it possible to increase this number for those of our users with plenty of RAM to burn?

Best regards,
Richard Dale.

Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net