[amibroker] Re: Using Jim's tickers... with some cutomization

Try this quick method to delete them.

1) make a spare copy of the database with some data in it (say at
least 5days).

2) delete all of the .OB stock in that database PLUS  any other stock
symbols that don't have data in them.

2a) leave AB open with the above database as the current database
2b) open a plain text editor (like NotePad)
2c) form within NotePad open ProgramFiles/AmiBroker/Scripts
then set file type to "All Files"
then select CleanupScript.js
2d) alter the detection threshold in days to 4

/* detection threshold (in days)  */
var Threshold = 4; // one month for example
2e) save and close
2f) Now that you have the correct setting in your cleanup.js file
(for this job) go to Windows Explorer (or your OS file browser) and
double click on ProgramFiles/AmiBroker/Scripts/CleanupScript.js

It is like a mini program (written bt Tomasz) and it will find and
delete all of the symbols that don't have any data in them (that will
mainly be .OB stock since DTN doesn't support that suffix)

Follow the prompts and the job will get done.
If you elect not to delete immediately you can choose to save the
list to a text file and edit the list there, before deleting them (in
a round about way later).

brian_z

2d) change--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine"
<rockprog80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I am sorry...  I really don't understand points b) and c).  I
copied all the
> .OB tickers to a new .XLS file but I am not sure what you mean by
entering
> columns for sector, industry, etc.
>
> I'm sorry if I sound like I am too slow to understand, but really
this thing
> puzzles me.  I am thinking about changing my real-time provider
because of
> this... I just can't figure out how to delete the .OB.  I am
seriously
> considering removing manually 50 per day and in a month or two that
would be
> over...
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/3/29, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx>:
> >
> >   Louis,
> >
> > Dick is quite right.
> >
> > It is easier to work with the sorted list of .OB stocks by
themselves.

> > Try this:
> >
> > a) sort by .OB and copy all OB rows to a new file US-Stocks_OB.xls
> > b) enter columns for sector ID, industry ID, market ID, and Group
ID
> > c) manually enter ID numbers into each column (the numbers should
> > align to the 0 based count in AB >> symbols >> categories
> > d) save a copy as US-Stocks_OB.csv
> > e) write a formats file to suit and save it in
Programs/AB/Formats as
> > US-Stocks.format (allow for adding new symbols)
> > f) open a spare copy of US-Stocks and ASCII import US-
Stocks_OB.csv
> > using US-Stocks.format as file type
> >
> > The suffix free symbols should now be in the database in their
> > correct categories (if so you can delete the old symbols that have
> > suffexes)
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis
> > Préfontaine"
> > <rockprog80@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Dick,
> > >
> > > I am not sure to understand how you would do that. I know how to
> > eliminate
> > > the .OB from the Excel file provided by Jim, but I don't know
how
> > to put the
> > > files back.
> > >
> > > I think I understand your point: there is no need for me to
start
> > again from
> > > scratch. I can use Jim database, but still, I am stuck with the
> > same
> > > problem at the end: the pink sheets tickers are from different
> > categories,
> > > industries, sectors, so how would I enter them at the correct
place
> > if not
> > > manually?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Louis

> > the
Amibroker
> > ie
> > new
> > Sheet"
> > them.
> > which

40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%
> > 40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis

> > the
> > fourth
> > if it is

> > Markets/Groups/Sectors

> > others

40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%
> > 40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis

az.com/icc%<http://icc-az.com/icc%2Daz/default.html?http%3A//icc-
az.com/icc%25>