[amibroker] Re: Using Jim's tickers... with some cutomization

Louis,

Dick is quite right.

It is easier to work with the sorted list of .OB stocks by themselves.

Try this:

a) sort by .OB  and copy all OB rows to a new file US-Stocks_OB.xls
b) enter columns for sector ID, industry ID, market ID, and Group ID
c) manually enter ID numbers into each column (the numbers should
align to the 0 based count in AB >> symbols >> categories
d) save a copy as US-Stocks_OB.csv
e) write a formats file to suit and save it in Programs/AB/Formats as
US-Stocks.format (allow for adding new symbols)
f) open a spare copy of US-Stocks and ASCII import US-Stocks_OB.csv
using US-Stocks.format as file type

The suffix free symbols should now be in the database in their
correct categories (if so you can delete the old symbols that have
suffexes)

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine"
<rockprog80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> I am not sure to understand how you would do that.  I know how to
eliminate
> the .OB from the Excel file provided by Jim, but I don't know how
to put the
> files back.
>
> I think I understand your point: there is no need for me to start
again from
> scratch.  I can use Jim database, but still, I am stuck with the
same
> problem at the end: the pink sheets tickers are from different
categories,
> industries, sectors, so how would I enter them at the correct place
if not
> manually?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>

> 2008/3/28, areehoi <areehoi@xxx>:
> >
> >   Louis,
> > There is no need to convert the XL files to ASCII. Jim has already
> > done this by providing the US-Stocks database. To simplify take
the
> > US-Stocks database (intact) and copy then paste in the Amibroker
> > Program files (be sure to rename the existing one to another name
ie
> > ...US-Stocks1). When you open AB go to open database and pick the
new
> > US-Stocks. It should work. To eliminate the "OB,s" and "Pink
Sheet"
> > go to the Excel spreadsheet and sort on the column that carries
them.
> > Copy them and put in word (unformated) so you can make a coma
> > delimitated ascii file. Put that file in a blank Watch list from
which
> > you can delet all.
> >
> > Dick H
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis
> > Préfontaine" <rockprog80@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Brian,
> > >
> > > Even with the precedent method, it does not work. It works fine
the
> > first
> > > time with the first group, but then whatever the number of the
> > industry I
> > > choose, the tickers go in the first one.. or even one in the
fourth
> > group,
> > > with no particular reason. This looks to me like a strange bug
if it is
> > > one!
> > >
> > > Louis

Markets/Groups/Sectors

40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis

<http://icc-az.com/icc%2Daz/default.html?http%3A//icc-az.com/icc%25>
> > <http://icc-az.com/icc%2Daz/default.html?http%3A//icc-az.com/icc%
25>

AAAA.OB