RE: [amibroker] OT: Internet Explorer ver 7

from http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/extmgnt.htm

Restrict users from enabling or disabling Internet Explorer add-ons

To prevent users enabling or disabling the Internet Explorer add-ons using the add-on manager, try this:

  • Open Registry Editor and navigate to the following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Restrictions

-and-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Restrictions

  • In the right-pane, Create a new REG_DWORD named NoExtensionManagement
  • Set it's value and set it to 1
  • Close Registry Editor

NOTE: To relax the restriction, change the value back to 0

Using the Group Policy Editor - Windows XP Professional

  • Click Start, Run and type GPEDIT.MSC
  • Navigate to this path:

Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer

·         Double-click Do not allow users to enable or disable add-ons.

·         Set it to Enabled

To enable the restriction for the current user profile

User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer

  • Double-click Do not allow users to enable or disable add-ons
  • Set it to Enabled

Joseph Biran