Re: [amibroker] Re: afl help, suggestion needed

I just heard about it & will look into it today.  I'll post later to let you know how it worked.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2008, at 6:25 AM, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ian Watts,

How can I do that in AFL?
Have you seen the R-Squared formula at the AFL library - any comment
on that?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ian Watts" <idw456@xxx> wrote:

> A method I use is to fit a least squares line
> to the last 20 or so bars. Then calculate R
> Squared and select the stocks with the highest
> values of R Squared.
>
> Regards
>
> Ian
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com,
> "safetrading" <safetrading@> wrote:
> >
> > With every strategy I have used, I have
> always noticed that I get
> > whipsawed out more often with stocks that
> don't flow smoothly and
> > therefore have tried to create a filter that
> does nothing more than
> > find stocks which flow smoothly up and down.
> >
> > The best I have come up with is one that
> simply limits the number of
> > up and down fractals in a given time period.
> While this helps, it
> > does not really produce what I was hoping to
> get.
> >
> > Can anyone offer any help or suggestions with
> this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Safetrading

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. __._,_.___