Re: [amibroker] Re: afl help, suggestion needed

Hi Ian,

No, I haven't seen the

Sent from my iPhone
R squared method, I'll look it up.
Thanks

On Mar 16, 2008, at 4:16 AM, "Ian Watts" <idw456@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A method I use is to fit a least squares line
to the last 20 or so bars. Then calculate R
Squared and select the stocks with the highest
values of R Squared.

Regards

Ian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com,
"safetrading" <safetrading@...> wrote:

> With every strategy I have used, I have
always noticed that I get
> whipsawed out more often with stocks that
don't flow smoothly and
> therefore have tried to create a filter that
does nothing more than
> find stocks which flow smoothly up and down.
>
> The best I have come up with is one that
simply limits the number of
> up and down fractals in a given time period.
While this helps, it
> does not really produce what I was hoping to
get..

> Can anyone offer any help or suggestions with
this?

> Thanks,
>
> Safetrading

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. __._,_.___
Groups related to amibroker

equismetastock (734 common members)
Investments/General: Established January 15, 1999 this site is open to ...

TWSAPI (656 common members)
Investments/Software: Not affiliated with Interactive Brokers Interactiv...

bse-nse2005 (485 common members)
Investments/Online Investing and Trading: We now have our very own website - www.desitraderm...

e-mini_traders_anon (364 common members)
Investments/Daytrading: The spirit of this group is traders helping trader...

quotes-plus (334 common members)
Investments/Software: This group is for Quotes Plus customers. Others ar...