[amibroker] Re: Interactive Brokers plugin policy change

Yes, that is why I posted on the subject.
To invite the forum to clear up my misconceptions.

I asked IB about this twice, via emails, and both times they told me
T+3.

I am sorry to have to confess that I have not read many of Hermans
posts - I spend too much time talking in the forum instead (I am
going to study them carefully soon though and privately I talked to
him about that last year - I love his work though and we have become
virutal friends via working together at the UKB).

Yes, I understand the $25K rule - its the same in Australia.

I will go back to IB and ask again.

Can any daytrader please confirm - they have $25K plus in an account,
they exit a trade on the same day they enter it AND the funds are
credited back to their account immediately and they use those funds
to enter a new daytrade at the open on the very next day?

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>

http://www.amibroker.com/at/,
> and you should know about that Brian, considering the fact that you
are UKB contributor together with Herman,
> and Herman is just "using AB as a trading platform" and he is doing
daytrading.

> Plus IB has international coverage.
>
> A "t+3 clearance issue" is different story.
> It just for IB accounts that have less than $25000 funds,
> that is why it is non-issue for traders.
>
> If someone has less than $25K, better forget about daytrading.
>
> US IRA accounts are another story, but as I wrote Daniel, IRA-style
delayed clearance
> is on to-do list.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko